Many of our students need a different way to present what they have learned. Either they are not writers,do not like to stand up in front of others, or many other differences. Storify offers an easy and engaging way to present a topic.
Sign-up is free You can even link this account with your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Once you create your account, starting a “story” is easy.
- Choose “New Story” (a green button in the upper right hand corner).
- Give your story a headline and a description.
- Start searching the internet for your story. Think of each article as a powerpoint slide. Use each different piece to tell a part of your story.
- Drag and drop the images, Facebook postings, Gifs, Internet articles all into the middle of the page. Reorder them as you like by also dragging and dropping them.
- When finished, choose publish.
- In the upper left hand corner there is a green button that says “Published” Use that to look at your finished product.
- Within the published story view you can notify someone that you have used their post in your Storify story. You should do this. I always like to see when something of mine is being passed around.
- Still within this view you can: Share, Make the story Private, Export it, and get a code to embed it on a web page
Most importantly, from this page you can change the template of the story and create a slide show. Once this is done, you have a moving living presentation!
Here is an example that I will be using at IBEA (Indiana Business Educators Association) Conference on Friday, 11/20/2016!