“According to a research report from Forrester, by 2012, “3-D Virtual Platforms will be as important for work as the Web is today.”
Are you prepared for this? Are you prepared to prepare your students for this? How about to prepare your students with disabilities for this?
- National Presenter: David Davis on, “Virtual Instruction and Assessment Environments: Addressing 21st Century Skills for Students with Disabilities“
- March 4, 2010
- 3:30pm EST (after school hours for most)
- PATINS-Project Second Life Island:
This is a great, free opportunity for you to experience a training from a wonderful national presenter on the PATINS-Project Island. The PATINS Staff will be there to assist and there will be discussion to follow. David Davis is typically presenting at such conferences as Closing The Gap, FETC, ATIA, and many other national gatherings. This is an opportunity for you to see him for free, requiring no flight, no hotel room, no mileage, no parking fees and no meal reimbursements!
- Have many people in one room, with only one person actually controlling an avatar, but displaying the presentation from that one avatar’s perspective on a big screen with a projector. This is a great option, I think, for anyone who may feel intimidated at this point to create and attend with their own avatar. This also means that Second Life will only need to be opened up for one computer and bandwidth won’t be an issue either.
- Access this Second Life Presentation at home, at the local coffee shop or other location with wifi.
- Contact me in the next couple of weeks for help creating and setting up your own avatar in order to attend this event. email@example.com
- Use the free & quick video tutorial guides to Getting Started in Second Life posted on the PATINS Website: www.patinsproject.com/videos.html
Click The Image For a Teleport Right Into Our Main Auditorium
“normal” Friday Blog Posting coming tomorrow morning still !