Friday morning, the normal Blog posting is scheduled to happen, but I wanted to get this special news out ASAP!
ICAM is offering a free software update for Read:OutLoud.
- Remember, ROL is a great text to speech program that opens NIMAS files beautifully along with pdf, txt, rich text, html, xml, DAISY and offers many other teaching and learning scaffolds as well.
- This is a good piece of software for all students AND you have an unlimited license to install it on ALL of your school’s computers AND send it home with ALL students! So, it’s a great UDL Tool!
Option 1: Upgrade Yours: As part of the ICAM license in Indiana you can download the update for FREE. This download will search for any version 6 products that are already installed and update them to version 6.02…it’s very quick and simple.
- Click Here to register and begin downloading: www.donjohnston.com/offers/upgrades/solo/index.html
Option 2: Install Fresh: If you don’t have any Read:OutLoud software installed yet, you can download (for FREE) the entire install package for Mac or PC from the ICAM Here:
Preview of what’s new in Read:OutLoud Version 6.0.2:
- Added web page loading status bar to web browser
- Proxy Authentication with password encryption (the Internet browser now works through your district’s firewall)
- Improved table reading
- Bookmark icons in outline
I just updated most of mine and it’s simple & quick!
Tune back in Friday morning for the normal Friday Posting! It’s going to focus primarily on Visual Impairments!