Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a restful time with family and friends. Most of us have made it through the first week back from break by now and hopefully excited about finishing the last half of this year strong! Here are a bunch of FREE opportunities that you should know about for 2011
THIS TUESDAY! FREE EVENT! MAKE PLANS NOW TO ATTEND!
Save the Date
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
3:30 – 4:30 p.m. EST
Registration Required: www1.gotomeeting.com/register/174358608
Download A Flyer Here: Webinar with Dr. Friedlander Flyer
ICAM, in partnership with Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic®, brings you a Statewide Webinar, “Off the Page: Print Disabilities,” featuring renowned speakers:
Dr. Brian S. Friedlander, Associate Professor of Education, College of St. Elizabeth, Teacher of Graduate Courses in Assistive Technology and e-Learning Tools
Dr. Leah Nellis, Director Effective Evaluation Resource Center, Blumberg Center for Interdisciplinary Studies at Indiana State University
Join us to learn how to help students with print disabilities meet their educational and professional goals.
Dr. Friedlander and Dr. Nellis will highlight the following points:
- Definition and requirements for determining a print disability
- Considerations, needed information and roles of professional staff
- Accessible materials and formats
- Strategies and resources for the decision making process
- Professional Growth Points will be awarded for viewing this webinar and answering a short survey.
- Download A Flyer Here: Webinar with Dr. Friedlander Flyer
- Click here to register and reserve your seat!
————MORE Great Opportunities from PATINS for 2011————
Check this stuff out, Download and Save Dates Now!
More Software for Indiana Public K-12 Schools at NO COST:
- gh Read Hear: www.rfbd.org/indiana
- Read:OutLoud: Download and Info Here
- ePub Converter Software: Info Here: www.icam.k12.in.us Download here: www.icam.k12.in.us/DJ/DJLogin.aspx
PATINS Tech Expo 2011: April 13, 2011
- Save The Date Now! April 13, 2010
- PGP Points Available for attending to renew your license this year!
- Crowne Plaza at Historic Union Station, Indianapolis IN
- Flyer available here!
- Registrations will be available soon! Save The Date!
2011 Trainings, Networking, Information (all no cost):
- Digital Rights Manager’s Podcast: Hear from exemplary DRM’s from around the state. Click Here To Visit or subscribe in iTunes (free): http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/id394731602
- Join the New ICAM Discussion Forum: www.icam.k12.in.us/icamforum
- Join the ICAM, Accessible Instructional Materials and AT/UDL Communities on The Learning Connection:
- Digital Story Telling Training: Today at 3pm! FREE! Here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/PATINS%20Project%20Island/170/182/27
- Basics of Scanning: February 4th, 9am
- iPods and iTouches in the Classroom: Feb. 16, 2:30pm
- Free Online Language Arts Tools: March 2, 3pm
- Video Self Operated Prompting: March 14, 9am
- Video Self Operated Prompting: March 17, 2:30pm
- Classroom Podcasting: April 1, 9am
- All of the above trainings and more can be found in detail HERE: www.patinsproject.com/training.html. Registration is required for some.
- You can always request your own trainings from PATINS Staff as well! Contact us: www.patinsproject.com/contact.html
Tags: 2011, Accessible Instructional Materials, AIM, blind, DRM, DST, Expo, Friedlander, gh, ICAM, iPod, itouch, Nellis, NIMAS, Off the Page, Print Disabilities, prompt, Read:OutLoud, ReadHear, RFB&D, ROL, tech expo, Trainings, video, webinar