Tech Expo Advice!
We’ve got some exciting and interesting new tools and concepts we’ll be implementing at this year’s Tech Expo. Those of you registered for the 2012 PATINS Tech Expo on April 19th in Indianapolis will want to:
- Bring ANY laptop, netbook, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, Tablet, etc., device that can get on the internet and had an internet browser. We’ll have wireless available for free.
- If you have a device that has a camera, such as an iPad2 or iPhone or newer iTouch or Android phone or tablet, make sure that you have a QR Code Reader App installed! Here’s a few QR Code Reader Apps and a little more info on what QR Codes are:
- Some Free QR Reader Apps:
- QR Reader for iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/qr-reader-for-iphone/id368494609?mt=8
- Scan for iPad: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scan/id411206394?mt=8
- Scan for iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scan/id411206394?mt=8
- Qrafter: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/qrafter-qr-code-reader-generator/id416098700?mt=8
- For Android 1: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sugree.barcodegen&feature=search_result
- For Android 2: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ScanLife&feature=search_result
- For Android 3: https://market.android.com/details?id=tw.com.quickmark&feature=search_result
- For Android 4: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.threegvision.products.inigma.Android&feature=search_result
- Here’s general info on QR Codes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code
- Here’s 1 piece of software for reading them w/out a phone, Download and install it. Then use JING to screenshot the QR Code and drag/drop it into this software: http://www.bctester.de/download/bctester_en.zip
- Here’s 13 Possible Uses for them: http://www.fastcompany.com/1720193/13-creative-ways-to-use-qr-codes-for-marketing
Good News! AIM For Young Children Videos!
The March 5th Video Presentation of Kelly Fonner, Scott Marfilius and Donna McNear is now READY FOR YOUR VIEWING!
- Click on the below link to view this presentation consisting of 4 video segments in the AIM for Young Children Channel. Total time is appr. 2 hours to view all 4 segments.
- You can view only the videos in this EARLY CHILDHOOD Collection by clicking the “Channel” Drop-Down Menu and choosing, “AIM For Young Children.“ …Looks like this:
- Reminder: After viewing, we’d like you to complete the 2 minute evaluation. That link is: http://svy.mk/aimforyoung2
- This completed evaluation is REQUIRED to be eligible to receive Professional Growth Points for your participation.
- The 3rd and final part of this Young Children Series is a webinar on Monday, April 2….right around the corner.
Two Apple Events For Sp. Ed. Coming Up: