NEW ICAM Blog Announced! Martha Hammond at the ICAM has started blogging all things AIM, NIMAS & ICAM related on Thursdays via the brand new “ICAM Dispatch.” I think it’d be a wise decision to take 5 minutes and check it out, subscribe just like you do to this blog and leave Martha some comments, suggestions, etc. …especially if you are a DRM or serving students with print disabilities.
First Friday Walk For Autism: Aug. 3. This wonderful event helps raise awareness and funds for families in Grant County
living with autism.
- Flyer and more info here: Marion Walk 2012
- Registration Form here: Walk for Autism Awareness Registration Form Aug 2012
Aug. 7: PATINS Live TV Returns at 11:45am EST
Nov. 8-9: Save The Date: PATINS 2012 State Conference! Flyer Here: State Conf 2012 Flyer 1 CFP
ASAP: Still a little time to get your proposal in to present at the PATINS State Conference Nov. 8-9. Contact me with questions: email@example.com
Big PATINS Project Changes!
Several things have now officially changed within the PATINS Project organization that I want to make sure you’re aware of as we get closer and closer to the start of the 12-13 school year.
- The SE PATINS Site has moved from Madison to Columbus, IN and as you may know, Tina Jones ( SE Site Coordinator for past 17 years) has retired. Tina will be missed by many people! Tina’s replacement as the new SE Site Coordinator is Sandi Mahl. The email you are currently using to reach the SE Site (firstname.lastname@example.org) will remain the same, but will be received by Sandi now instead of Tina Jones. We hope you’ll help us welcome Sandi to the PATINS Team! More on Sandi to come! Kelli Suding will be assisting Sandi at the SE Site and Kelli’s email is: email@example.com. The new SE Physical & Mailing Address: 1200 Central Avenue, Columbus, IN 47201
- The NE PATINS Site has also moved, but just a couple miles down the road to the Wabash City Schools Admin Building. I have handed over the NE Site Coordinator position Julie Kuhn! We’re also excited to welcome Julie to the PATINS team and more details on her will also be coming soon! Much like the SE, the NE Coordinator email will still be (firstname.lastname@example.org), but it will no longer come to me. It will go only to Julie! Brandon Culver has also transitioned out of the NE Assistant position and Emily Booth has transitioned in. Her email is email@example.com. The new NE Physical & Mailing Address: 1101 Colerain St. Wabash, IN 46992. After today, please don’t send anything to the old Wabash address as it will likely not reach PATINS!
- Vicki Hershman has also officially retired as the PATINS State Director after 17 years of dedicated service to PATINS and to Indiana’s K-12 schools. Vicki will also be missed considerably by many and while there really is no replacing her (or Tina in the SE), I have now assumed the role of PATINS State Director. My new email is: firstname.lastname@example.org and you may begin using it now. The Central PATINS location and phone numbers will not change: Contact Us Page Here
- Finally, the PATINS UDL Blog is going to be merged with this PATINS Rapid Fire Blog. Tina has done a great job of keeping you informed with UDL related information on the UDL Blog and going forward, I plan to combine UDL, AT, AIM, Creative Ideas to Engage, Announcements, Important Information, all in this one convenient location. So, if you were subscribed to the UDL Blog, you’ll want to make sure you’re now subscribed to this one. Just enter your email address in the upper right-hand area of this page and click subscribe. That way you’ll receive just the headlines each Friday in your inbox and can then decide if you want to click them for more information.
We ask that you continue to bear with us during this time of transition. I do not anticipate any problems or delays in PATINS services to you and your colleagues, but we will have several new staff in new positions and are losing three very valuable PATINS Staff. Vicki, Tina, and Brandon will all be missed greatly. I am excited and very optimistic about the new staff joining us and I view this as an exciting opportunity to evolve, adapt & grow! More details on new staff members will be coming and I hope that everyone out there will help to welcome them. I will still blog over the summer months as much as possible and my plan is to continue blogging in this coming school year in my new role as well.