Schedule of Presentations Announced!
PATINS State Conference 2012
- Download the PDF Schedule Here: PATINS State Conf 2012 Schedule of Presenters
- Flyer About The Conference: PATINS State Con f2012 Flyer 2
- “DRM Corner-Chat” with the ICAM-IERC Experts!
- Register for the conference Here: www.surveymonkey.com/s/StateConf2012
Flipping The Classroom:
This Fall, we’ve already been contacted a few times about districts that have “flipped” some or all of their classrooms. If you’re not familiar with this concept yet, it’s basically reversing instruction and work-time. A good portion of instruction takes place at home through videos or other media and then work, application, practice happens at school. My initial thoughts on this are VERY mixed. While I feel that there are some exciting aspects to this “flipping,” I also think that it poses VERY DIFFICULT situations for ensuring ACCESSIBILITY for ALL students. At this point, I would like to encourage districts thinking of going this route to slow down and make sure that accessibility and UDL are a big part of the discussion before any decisions are made. I’d also like to let everyone know that PATINS is beginning to tackle this concept and starting to put together some ideas and tools that could help. In the meantime, here’s a few Initial Reads & Resources on Flipped Classrooms:
TTA Grant Applications Due in 2 Weeks!
-Let PATINS Help Make Your District More Accessible to ALL Students-
- This is a unique opportunity to have dedicate PATINS Coordinators working directly and intensively with your district to make sure it is as accessible and efficient as possible with regard to the 7 AIM Indicators, which can be found here: http://aimconsortium.cast.org/best_practices/quality_indicators
- You SHOULD consider this opportunity IF:
- You’ve run into difficulty finding accessible instructional materials for students
- You’ve not been able to provide alternate formats in a timely manner.
- You Don’t have Policies & Procedures in place regarding the flow & application of AIM
- You have DRMs that are overwhelmed and frustrated.
- You have students not performing to potential because they cannot access the curriculum.
- You are not collecting data on AIM and it’s impact.
- You’ve purchased publisher’s materials that are NOT accessible.
- You have no idea what accessible materials are! :)
- If you have questions: Daniel McNulty, PATINS/ICAM Director: email@example.com or 317-387-4153
- APPLY HERE: www.surveymonkey.com/s/TTA3FALL2012 BY SEPT. 28!