header image

Time is Running Out!

Posted by: | May 15, 2014 | 1 Comment |

Time is Running Out!

This seems to be the theme of this time of year.  As we head toward those last exciting/important/jam packed days of the 2013-14 school year, it is an intricate dance to get all of the end of year celebrations integrated with the end of year academia.  The last thing I want to do is add to your stress level, so I will try to balance this post between you’re running out of time and maybe this will help.

Last Call for Conference Proposals 

PATINS is presently accepting proposals until May 20th for its 2014 Conference on November 18-19, 2014.  This conference will be held at Crowne Plaza at Historic Union Station, Downtown Indianapolis Indiana.  This year’s theme is “Accessible Learning in Indiana: Materials, Modes & Measurement”.  As in the past, presenter’s registration fees will be waived.  Please use either the qr code below or this link to submit your presentation.

QR Code

I spend a lot of time in schools and I can say that I have learned as many things from other educators as they have learned from me.  Come on teachers, tech specialists, administrators step up to the plate and show us what you’ve got!  Feel like you have half a presentation and need a co-presenter?  Send me an email ([email protected]) and I’ll see what I can do.

How about 12 more months?

Read&Write for Google Logo

Here’s what we Know – Read&Write for Google is a powerful Text to Speech Chrome Extension for web pages and Google docs that will convert text to speech, change the voice, change the speed and translate to many languages for FREE.  We also know that when you first download it on the Chrome Store, you get 30 days free of the Premium Matrix which includes: word prediction, talking dictionary, picture dictionary, fact finder, study skills highlighters, highlight collector and vocabulary builder.

What we Want to Know is how can we find the time to try out this extension to find out if it is really as great as everyone says it is.

What we (are about to) Learn is that TextHelp Read & Write for Google just became free for teachers! Here’s the link to register: http://rw.texthelp.com/drive/Support/Home   If you already have a trial or have an expired trial of Read&Write for Google, your trial will automatically be converted to a 12 month premium subscription.  How’s that for easing up the time burden?

under: Uncategorized

1 Comment

1. By: Martha on May 16, 2014 at 12:25 pm      

Great Post, Sandi!

Leave a response

Your response:

Categories