YOU ONLY HAVE 1-WEEK LEFT To REGISTER!
There still is time to register for the 2012 PATINS State Conference, which is 2 days full of exciting interactions with professionals in teaching and technology. This is a great opportunity to absorb and share not only hi-tech applications you never knew were possible, but also practical low-tech classroom solution. Even if you can get away only one day, you will gather much usable information and engage in valuable networking and sharing. We have 2 exciting keynote speakers who will make you think, and make you laugh, and make you learn. We have great give-a-ways for door prizes! PGPs will be awarded for each session you attend! Lunch is included in the registration fee, so you don’t need to leave your parking space for lunch! You can take advantage of the Government rate for overnight accommodations! You can stop by the DRM Corner Chat area anytime and freely discuss your ICAM, PATINS and IERC needs, concerns, and/or suggestions!
And now, the Top 10 Reasons you want to attend the PATINS State Conference!
10. Learn to enhance instruction, energize your students by increasing technology in your learning environments!
9. Hear about the Instructional Consultation Team and how to build one; no Journey is alone!
8. Impact instruction with small steps (or big leaps) toward UDL.
7. Revitalize/galvanize CCC meeting with solid tips from experts on how to encourage interaction and clarify the process.
6. Compose effective Social Stories that motivate, learn how to digitize them quickly for immediate use.
5. Design one lesson plan to reach many.
4. Help students pave a well-marked path to a productive transition into college or post-secondary vocations.
3. Identify Twice Exceptional Learners and help these extraordinary students succeed.
2. You’ve been told you when it comes to accessibility, mac products are inferior to pc. Hope you didn’t believe that.
And, the number 1 reason you should attend the PATINS State Conference:
1. You want to make your classroom/school/corporation into a vibrant, stimulating laboratory of learning for all students.
The Presentation Schedule: http://bit.ly/PresentationGrid
Full Conference Booklet: http://bit.ly/FullBooklet
Register Online: http://bit.ly/PATINSStateConf2012
Nov. 8-9, 2012, Indianapolis
Ritz – Bennett Debate Video: Just in case you missed it, here’s the Archived Video of this week’s debate between Tony Bennet & Glenda Ritz for Superintendent of Public Instruction. Watch it. Vote. Wisely. http://www.youtube.com/wabashcollege
iPhone As Assistive Tech: A very short article/interview with 3 men who have vision impairments and a cool little 6 minute video about using VoiceOver on the iPhone, iTouch, iPad. Very informative and worth 6 min of your time. Lots of helpful tips and tricks for using VoiceOver in this video. I learned several things and I thought I was a pretty descent VoiceOver user!
Money Reader App: Not free, it’s $6.99, but looks really cool if you have a a vision impairment or just need some assistance identifying money: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/money-reader/id492823753?mt=8