NEW FREE Equipment! …to borrow! The PATINS Lending Libraries have some brand new equipment you might want to know about:
Dynavox Xpress AAC Device
In addition to the above, there are MANY other new devices available to borrow from the PATINS Lending Libraries. Search our Online Catalog here: www.patinsproject.com/lending.html
CASE 2010: Second Life for Professional Development is what I presented on this evening at the National CASE Conference in S.Carolina. This was an evening session AFTER a 3 hour break in the day AND we are literally 100 steps from the beach, yet my room was full. This is not what I expected and combined with talking to many of my attendees indicates to me that Directors of Special Education from across the country are:
1. Taking online professional development very seriously and are preparing themselves.
2. Have an intense interest in providing and attending online training that goes beyond a static, one-way, two-dimensional webinar.
Are YOU Ready to Learn (and teach) Online??? Speaking of which, there are SEVERAL NIMAS & ROL FREE Trainings ALL DAY on Monday: www.patinsproject.com/training.html
A More Couple Apps To Check Out
TapSpeak Choice: http://conleysolutions.com/wordpress/?page_id=282&ref=nf
Listening App: (Thanks Vicki!) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/soundamp-r/id318126109?mt=8
NEW Resources from the National AIM Center (Accessible Instructional Materials):
- An Examination of the NIMAS and NIMAC Provisions in IDEA 2004: A Brief for Families and Educators
- The Right of Students to Receive AIM
- NIMAS and NIMAC: A Discussion of Legal Issues