6 Mostly Free, Easy, Fun Ways to Get Books/Content on Your iPad:
- Use MS Word and the Free (if you’re in Indiana) ePub Converter from Don Johnston on Mac or PC:
Download the Step-By-Step PDF of this simple process here: Worde Pub To iBooks Step by Step McNulty
- PAGES Software on a Mac Computer:
Download the Step-By-Step PDF of this simple process here: Pages To iBooks Step By Step Daniel McNulty
The Next 4 Ways Are Listed Below and Will be Available Very Soon!
- Install The Magic Catalog of Project Gutenberg ePubs on the iPad
- Use The Free StoryKit App on the iPad
- Use MS Powerpoint and the DJ ePub Converter on Mac or PC
- Use iAuthor on a Mac Computer
Flipped Classroom, An Info-Graphic: I’m still forming opinions on this whole Flipped Classroom idea, but I thought I’d share this graphic. I’m curious to hear other’s thoughts.
Congratulaions Kristin from Wabash! Kristin won the drawing for the 1st quarter prize for submitting follow up evaluations for PATINS Trainings this year! Kristin won a Kindle and the next prize will likely be an iPevo Webcam/Document Camera. It’s the same webcam I use for all my trainings where I show an iPad or other device on the desk! Remember to fill out those PATINS Follow Up Evaluations for your chance to win. Additionally, by submitting those evaluations, you are supporting the continuation of PATINS services provided to Indiana’s public K-12 schools at no cost to them!
Digital Learning Day! Digital Learning Day was February 1st and some really neat things took place across the country. If you missed any of it or just want to see it again, I encourage you to visit the website AND ALSO encourage all of your colleagues to visit the website: http://wpc.1806.edgecastcdn.net/001806/aee/aee020111.html?ebtv=C
Early Childhood/Young Children Series NEXT WEEK! Don’t Forget About This! It Starts THIS COMING MONDAY AFTERNOON! You will need to be registered by Monday Afternoon at the very latest! Click the Picture Above to REGISTER!
AIM FOR YOUNG CHILDREN SERIES
The PATINS Project will be hosting a three part series on AIM to Start Early: Implementing Accessible Materials with Young Children with national presenters Kelly Fonner, Scott Marfilius and Donna McNear:
Feb. 6, 2012; 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EST
- – The first event in the series is a webinar with Scott and Donna that will cover the current educational contexts for using AIM with young children, as well as cover the foundational concepts, research implications, developmentally appropriate practices and the instructional framework.
Mar. 5, 2012; 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EST
- – The second event will be a live streaming event with Kelly, Scott and Donna that will encompass implementation with demonstration of appropriate technology tools and software and instructional supports.
April 2, 2012; 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EST
- -The final event will be a follow-up webinar with Kelly and Scott that will focus on developing a plan for implementation and program development/improvement.
*Professional Growth Points (PGPs) for participation require participation in all three events of the series.