Virtual Worlds Best Practices In Education is Happening RIGHT NOW!
This is the third year I’ve attended and my second year presenting at this amazing 3 day, online, free, international educational conference. If you can possibly get into Second Life to attend any of this conference today. It started at 5pm EST last evening and runs through Sunday night, pretty much 24 hours/day! There are lots of really great sessions going on. I’ll be giving a tour of the PATINS Island tonight from 5pm -6:30pm EST.
Here’s the Master Schedule for all events across the 3 days: http://vwbpe11.vwbpe.org/
New PATINS DRM Interview Podcast Episode with Concord Schools DRM, Tim Tahara: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id394731602
Some Quick Resources:
- LookTel Money Reader: An app to help blind users: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/09/an-iphone-app-helps-the-blind-identify-currency/?emc=eta1
- A Few Tools Related To Listening: http://www.greatschools.org/special-education/assistive-technology/listening-tools.gs?content=959
- A Little More on Using QR Codes: http://deangroom.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/how-to-make-qr-codes-with-google/
- iPads Over Paper in California College: http://www.edweek.org/tm/articles/2011/03/04/mct_cateachersschoolipad.html?qs=mct+ipads
- PATINS Tech Expo April 13: www.patinsproject.com/#techexpo
- Chris Bugaj and Beth Poss May 2: info coming soon!
- PATINS YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/PATINSProject